Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to NHL04 Rebuilt 2017. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2K editors anyone?
Topic Started: Feb 6 2018, 11:55 PM (721 Views)
tinpanalley
Regular
[ *  * ]
Just doing a run of different sites I know, which probably means many of you will see this more than once but is there any chance any of you having Flying Finn's editors for NHL lying around in some forgotten hard drive? I thought I did but no luck.
Thanks!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ZeroPucks
Hall of Famer
[ *  *  *  * ]
Funny you should ask, because I happen to have Flying Finn's 2K5 editor on my hard drive. I also have a bunch of old rosters from 2khockey.net and some 2K5 rosters I edited for Flyermania's own website. Be warned, I was young, biased, and overrated many Flyers players that did not deserve it (Matt Ellison, anyone? :bad: ). I don't remember if it works for 2K6 and 2K7, but might be worth a shot.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/15o901dtbkjlf0d/ESPN_NHL_2K5_Editor.7z

DSgamby
Member Avatar
Charter Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cool.

What console were the rosters for?

Are the Historic Teams done?
If I ran away, I'd never have the strength
To go very far
How would they hear the beating of my heart
Will it grow cold
The secret that I hide, will I grow old
How will they hear
When will they learn
How will they know

tinpanalley
Regular
[ *  * ]
ZeroPucks
Feb 7 2018, 11:08 PM
Funny you should ask, because I happen to have Flying Finn's 2K5 editor on my hard drive. I also have a bunch of old rosters from 2khockey.net and some 2K5 rosters I edited for Flyermania's own website. Be warned, I was young, biased, and overrated many Flyers players that did not deserve it (Matt Ellison, anyone? :bad: ). I don't remember if it works for 2K6 and 2K7, but might be worth a shot.

Thanks a lot!! Any chance you have the later editors lying around? I think there was at least one for 2K6, maybe 2K7?

tinpanalley
Regular
[ *  * ]
DSgamby
Feb 8 2018, 03:06 AM
Cool.

What console were the rosters for?

Are the Historic Teams done?
Looks like XBOX.
And in the 2K5 editor, you could select an option in the menu to just fill all the names for classic teams.

DSgamby
Member Avatar
Charter Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
I have updated Historic Rosters minus the National Teams and All-time teams already for the Xbox.
If I ran away, I'd never have the strength
To go very far
How would they hear the beating of my heart
Will it grow cold
The secret that I hide, will I grow old
How will they hear
When will they learn
How will they know

tinpanalley
Regular
[ *  * ]
DSgamby
Feb 9 2018, 03:42 AM
I have updated Historic Rosters minus the National Teams and All-time teams already for the Xbox.
Very cool game.
I was playing with the editor for 2K5. It unfortunately doesn't have a fix for the problem that changed name players in the game will keep saying the old name. I was doing some tests today. I think all 2K games had this issue. What would be good to know is how many players you can create in 2K5. I'll see if I can make as many as possible tomorrow to see what kind of limit I hit. 2K5 plays really good hockey. But I picked up 2K8 this week and it's pretty fantastic as well and easier to edit.

CodebreakerDX
Member Avatar
Goal Horn Modder, Former leader of the 2002 mod
[ *  *  * ]
ZeroPucks

Very thankful you posted these roster files for 2K5. I might work on a roster update for the game soon. (Maybe I could use your 06-07 roster as a base?)

I found out recently that you can mod your Xbox with Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 and doing that would allow me to FTP into the system and copy save files. so at the beginning of March I'm gonna get that Xbox to USB adapter and do it.

It would allow me to create and edit players freely and then fix things in the editor.
NHL 2004 Rebuilt Discord, Discussion about the game and matchmaking

ZeroPucks
Hall of Famer
[ *  *  *  * ]
CodebreakerDX
Feb 21 2018, 03:16 PM
ZeroPucks

Very thankful you posted these roster files for 2K5. I might work on a roster update for the game soon. (Maybe I could use your 06-07 roster as a base?)

I found out recently that you can mod your Xbox with Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 and doing that would allow me to FTP into the system and copy save files. so at the beginning of March I'm gonna get that Xbox to USB adapter and do it.

It would allow me to create and edit players freely and then fix things in the editor.
Very cool! Feel free to use any of my roster files as a base. As I mentioned I had a tendency to overrate certain players, especially the 06-07 Flyers (Kyle Calder, Randy Robitaille, and Nolan Baumgartner, anyone? :bad:) that ended up at the bottom of the standings that season. Hard to believe it's been over 10 years since then. I stopped editing 2k5 for two reasons: My action replay stopped working, and I was gifted an Xbox 360 with NHL 08 to move onto the next console generation.

If you decide to take up this project, I wish you the best of luck!

Given trent's post on the 2K games on PCSX2 and the mod community for other sports games like ESPN NFL 2K5, I'm wondering if there's a way to edit the PS2 rosters and play them on the PC with PCSX2. :thinking:

@tinpanalley: Unfortunately I don't have any 2K6 or 2K7 roster editors. That archive was all I had saved on my hard drive.

I also found this blog post on Operation Sports from FlyingFinn himself. It looks to be the same 2K5 editor, but I'll post it here anyway for reference: https://forums.operationsports.com/FlyingFinn/blog/4373-nhl-2k5-editor-available-for-download/

Rosters for other 2K games: https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/nhl-2k-rosters/

tinpanalley
Regular
[ *  * ]
ZeroPucks
Feb 22 2018, 12:39 AM
@tinpanalley: Unfortunately I don't have any 2K6 or 2K7 roster editors. That archive was all I had saved on my hard drive.
I also found this blog post on Operation Sports from FlyingFinn himself. It looks to be the same 2K5 editor, but I'll post it here anyway for reference: https://forums.operationsports.com/FlyingFinn/blog/4373-nhl-2k5-editor-available-for-download/
Thanks anyway! I appreciate the files you shared. :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
« Previous Topic · NHL 2K · Next Topic »
Add Reply