Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to NHL04 Rebuilt 2017. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Welcome to the CHL project forum!
Topic Started: Aug 5 2015, 09:14 PM (3,061 Views)
The Cheese
Mr. Jersey
Posted Image

For the better part of two months, myself and Philcar1994 have been discussing and working on a new
series of projects involving the Canadian Hockey League.

We have decided to release three separate mods, one for the QMJHL, one for the OHL, and one for the WHL.

This sub-forum will be dedicated to this project. Each mod will have its own sub-forum for ideas, contributions, and most importantly, the main download threads.

Why are you releasing 3 separate mods instead of 1 all-in-one mod?
There are a few reasons for this;
1) The majority of users only played with 1 league, rather than explore and play all 3 leagues
2) File size; each package will be the smallest size possible, and will be very easy to install. No more individual packages, no more messy installation errors.
3) Playoff formats; only the WHL was able to have the proper 16 team format, because only the NHL had this format. Each mod will have its proper playoff format.
4) No more waiting for a full package to come out. You can enjoy the CHL right away instead of waiting ages to play.

Which mod is coming out first?
The QMJHL mod. It has the least amount of teams in the league, so its perfect to test anything. Weíll be working from east to west, so the next will be the OHL, then the WHL.

Whats finished?
The majority of in-game graphics are complete. Phil did a phenomenal job and completed all the arena-based graphics; ices/boards/crowds/etc. Jerseys are 2/3 completed. Interface is coming along, just some minor coding and string editing that has to be done.

What still needs to be done?
Rosters. They are the most time consuming part of any mod. I have 2 teams completed (player data and ratings) up to the end of last season. I have the roster files, templates and ratings calculator handy if anybody wants to come forward and help with those.

Jerseys, as previously stated, are 2/3 of the way done. These are coming along nicely and should all be completed within 2 weeks or so.

Interface graphics are mostly completed, with exception to the GameCast. Looking at alternatives to capture an authentic CHL experience, whether this be taken from Sportsnet (official broadcaster), the CHL.ca website, or a fantasy/custom concept.

Goalie equipment. This can wait until the new year begins as many goalies will have brand new gear. -MattF- has already created some gear from last year.

Player photos; Not needed until rosters are completed.

The OHL and WHL mods have not been touched yet.

Will there be a Memorial Cup tournament?
Simply put; no. You can have your own playoff inside each leagueís mod, but there will not be a Memorial Cup tournament. Once Vodís Launcher 1.5 is released, Iíll look and do some research if anything of this matter is possible, but right now you can only go as far as the league championship.

Will there be a IIHF WJHC tournament?
Possibly. This would mean importing all roster transactions and graphics into each mod, but this is definitely possible. More research will be done after all 3 mods have been released.

If you have any questions, comments, or would like to offer your help and expertise, please post a reply, I would love to hear from you. I will be releasing a demo video soon to show the progress, and the amazing contributions from very talented users.

Thank you for your patience. I canít wait to share this with you guys.
-Nick
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

-MattF-
Regular
[ *  * ]
The goalies are being worked on, masks are of last year, but I will be taking my time as the new gear comes out :)

jacob_jub
Member Avatar
Vintage Hockey Aficionado
Damn fine mod you got here nick.
LETS GO OILERS

The Cheese
Mr. Jersey
This will be epic. I can't wait. :)
Posted Image

-MattF-
Regular
[ *  * ]
Posted Image

CgyFlames
Mr. AHL
[ *  *  *  * ]
This is going to be amazing. I just wish the WHL wasn't last. :rolleyes: Everett is my favorite juniors team, having visited there and hoping to move there someday.

The Cheese
Mr. Jersey
Thanks man! Don't worry, once the bulk of the Q is done, its just a matter of overwriting everything :)
Posted Image

Franco Duck
Member Avatar
NHL.com Interface
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hey Nick, I think we can try to work on having a Memorial Cup on this mod. We just would have to duplicate a International tournament and edit it to a 4-team tournament. I don't believe this is a difficult thing to do, with the help of Sence and Ciais, obviously.

Let's suppose we play one season in one of the leagues, say QMJHL. After you finish your season, you could manually create a Memorial Cup tournament (International tournament, maybe like the Sochi one) and select 4 teams, you team, and three other sorted for the three leagues. And there you go! We could even simulate the other two season in order to know who will go to the Memorial Cup.

Regards,

Franco
MDH
Posted Image
Posted Image

the toaster
Rookie
Can't wait for the OHL mod to come out. Thanks for all your hard work. :tup:

-MattF-
Regular
[ *  * ]
is this project still in the works, I messaged the Cheese on FB about it, he viewed the message, but never replied. I am done sailing and have vacation time to spare, been working on what I can Mask wise, just wondering if I should continue?

stlouis26
PNHL v2 Project Leader
Hopefully
Posted Image

Gargamel
Member Avatar
Veteran
[ *  *  * ]
Some news about this project?

Kerimaja91
Member Avatar
Gameclock maker
If you need any assistance regarding gameclocks, let me know. Anyway this looks amazing so I can't wait for the release ! I am sure you did a great job B)
SUBSCRIBE AND ENJOY THE NEW NHL 04 VIDEO:
NHL 04 REBUILT 2015-2016 MODIFICATION VIDEO
GAMECLOCK TUTORIAL OUT NOW !!!

Lamouette17
Member Avatar
Regular
[ *  * ]
I can help for the photos. That's not the gardest but that's where I can really help ^^

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Canadian Hockey League Project · Next Topic »
Add Reply