Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to NHL04 Rebuilt 2017. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
My St.Louis Blues 1995-1996 Season; Philadelphia Flyers win the Stanley Cup!
Topic Started: Jan 8 2016, 01:45 AM (17,100 Views)
trent
Member Avatar
Project Leader
Posted Image

Posted Image

1995–96 was the first season in Denver for the Avalanche, who had relocated from Quebec City where they were previously known as the Quebec Nordiques. Prior to the season, Colorado was assigned to the Pacific Division of the Western Conference. They played at McNichols Arena, the building that the New Jersey Devils played in from 1976 to 1982 when they were known as the Colorado Rockies. The Avs would play in that building until they moved to the Pepsi Center in 1999.

It was also the last season of existence for the Winnipeg Jets, as they announced that they would be moving from Manitoba to Arizona and become the Phoenix Coyotes at the season's end. The NHL would not return to Manitoba until the Atlanta Thrashers moved there to become the "new" Winnipeg Jets following the 2010–11 season.

1995–96 would mark the last season the Buffalo Sabres would play in the Buffalo Memorial Auditorium, the Philadelphia Flyers at the CoreStates Spectrum, the Senators at the Ottawa Civic Centre, and the Canadiens at the Montreal Forum. The Sabres made their new home at the Marine Midland Arena, the Flyers at the CoreStates Center, the Senators at the Corel Centre, and the Canadiens at the Molson Centre. The two latter arenas opened before the end of this season. With the Montreal Forum closed, The Maple Leaf Gardens was the last remaining arena from the Original Six at the time. The Boston Bruins played their first season at Fleetcenter after spending the last 67 at the old Boston Garden, and the Vancouver Canucks played their first game at General Motors Place.

During the 1992-93 and 1993-94 seasons, each team played 84 games (including two neutral site games). Starting in the 1995-96 season, the neutral site games were eliminated, which reduced the regular season to 82 games per team.

Settings:

Periods: 6 minutes
CPU Advantage: +1 for CPU
Penalties: 4
Faceoffs: No CPU advantage (trying to compensate the +1 CPU boost this way)
Goalie advantage: 0
My standard ai settings
No timeout use for the user team (gives user unfair advantage when power reserves can be maximized with the timeout)
No extra time (again, not realistic but that's how I've played my Seasons). This keeps the stats more realistic. Games ended as ties back in 95-96 if there was no scoring in OT.

This Season might take longer to finish (than the previous ones) as my work duties prevent me from playing so often. We'll see. :)

I will also post scores from around the league (just like in my previous 1999 season) trying to "show off" various buildings that we created - and of course other nice details (like Jedeash cyberfaces) in the mod.

The Season opener will be against Colorado Avalanche at Kiel Center.

Posted Image
My Blues 1995-1996 Season Report
My Blues 1998-1999 Season Report
My Flyers 1998-1999 Season Report
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CgyFlames
Mr. AHL
[ *  *  *  * ]
This is gonna be awesome! I'm looking forward to seeing those older arenas that this season has. Also, can't forget that 95-96 was the start of the third jerseys, and, the year Mike Keenan nixed these babies: http://deadspin.com/5843301/15-seasons-lat...-the-worst-ever

PS: The game preview references NHL Network, which didn't exist in 1996. ;)

trent
Member Avatar
Project Leader
CgyFlames,8 January 2016
12:34 PM
This is gonna be awesome! I'm looking forward to seeing those older arenas that this season has. Also, can't forget that 95-96 was the start of the third jerseys, and, the year Mike Keenan nixed these babies: http://deadspin.com/5843301/15-seasons-lat...-the-worst-ever

Wow... those were butt ugly. :blink:

Quote:

PS: The game preview references NHL Network, which didn't exist in 1996. ;)

Ok. It looks like the preview code was changed a bit when I upgraded the version from v1. I already pm'd Sence and will hopefully fix this.

PS: Before I start I will watch a few full (real) Blues games from 95-96 Season from my archives to get into the "mood". :)

Sence
Hall of Famer
This will be awesome to follow! I wish the best of luck to you and have fun! ;)
A video is worth of thousand pictures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFq2dGSVdOI
My Sharks 2015-16 season (finished)

Jedeash
Charter Member
Cool...

I have just one little problem with 95-96 rosters
Since we have a "end of season" rosters, Selanne is in Anaheim (where he played 21 G) and not in Winnipeg (where he played 51 G) :angry: that is a pity

And Naslund was in PIT Maltby in EDM

It will be cool for this special year too to have start of seasons rosters An end of season one's
"They did not know it was impossible so they did it"
Mark Twain

trent
Member Avatar
Project Leader
Yes. We could make "start of the season" rosters. By the way I moved R.Vopat to Kings and updated the 95-96 file yesterday... I originally missed that as he was part of the Gretzky trade.

But there are no mistakes, right? Those you mention were sent to other team before the trade deadline.

For me this was a special year with #99 in Blue.

trent
Member Avatar
Project Leader
Posted Image
Peter Forsberg of Colorado Avalanche has put the puck behind John Casey and tied the game, 3:01 in the third period.

Blues, Avs share points in the Season opener at Kiel

"Everybody is confident," Wayne Gretzky said of his debut game in Blue. "When they were up 3-2, it's not the way you want to start at home,". "But we came back. That shows confidence and maturity. We're not panicking. We're not trying to do too much."

"It was surprising, I wasn't expecting to start tonight," John Casey said of his goaltending duty. "But I'm always ready to play for my team, whenever the call comes."

"Their first line is deadly," Colorado coach Marc Crawford said. "We managed to play well against them tonight and came back early in the third with Peter's (Forsberg) goal. I'm happy that we got a point from our first road game against such strong team."

Posted Image

Box Score and Individual Player Stats

[dohtml]
<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="600px">
<tbody><tr bgcolor="#00000">
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td align="center">
<font color="#FFFFFF" face="verdana" size="-2"><b>TOTAL</b></font>
</td>
</tr>
<tr align="center" bgcolor="#ECECE4">
<td align="left">
<font face="arial" size="-1"><b>
<a href="http://a.espncdn.com/nhl/clubhouses/bos.html">Colorado</a>
</b></font>
</td>
<td><font face="arial" size="2">4</font></td>
</tr>
<tr align="center" bgcolor="#ECECE4">
<td align="left">
<font face="arial" size="-1"><b>
<a href="http://a.espncdn.com/nhl/clubhouses/ott.html">St Louis</a>
</b></font>
</td>
<td><font face="arial" size="2">4</font></td>
</tr></tbody></table>[/dohtml]
1st period
03:54 COL PEN MIKE KEANE Hooking, minor
04:24 STL PPG (1:0) PETER ZEZEL SHAYNE CORSON
04:59 COL GOAL (1:1) MIKE KEANE PETER FORSBERG, ADAM DEADMARSH
07:33 STL GOAL (2:1) CRAIG MacTAVISH PETER ZEZEL, MURRAY BARON
14:03 STL PEN BRETT HULL Hooking, minor
14:14 COL PPG (2:2) ADAM DEADMARSH MIKE KEANE, JOE SAKIC
2nd period
04:53 COL GOAL (2:3) VALERI KAMENSKY CLAUDE LEMIEUX
10:10 STL GOAL (3:3) BRETT HULL WAYNE GRETZKY, GEOFF COURTNALL
16:30 COL PEN CLAUDE LEMIEUX Cross checking, minor
16:59 STL PPG (4:3) GLENN ANDERSON GEOFF COURTNALL
3rd period
03:01 COL GOAL (4:4) PETER FORSBERG ADAM DEADMARSH, ADAM FOOTE

ST. LOUIS GOALIE STATS
S GA Time
J.CASEY 26 4 60:00
G.FUHR 0 0 00:00

COLORADO GOALIE STATS
S GA Time
P.ROY 33 4 60:00
S.FISET 0 0 00:00
Posted Image

Sence
Hall of Famer
Great start! Congrats! :) Also Wayne got his first point in the season, I would say that it won't be the last for him! ;)

trent
Member Avatar
Project Leader
Hehe... you can count on that. :)

PS: Watched Dallas-Blues from this very season just before the game. Gave me pretty good idea how the PP lines were. Amazingly this game arranges the lines almost flawlessly with auto-lines option.

trent
Member Avatar
Project Leader
Season Game Pick of the Day (from the sim):

Buffalo Sabres at Edmonton Oilers

Posted Image
Arena photograph from Edmonton Coliseum, Edmonton

Buffalo's comeback in the third period (led by Pat LaFontaine) fell short and Edmonton took two points.

Posted Image

Eriksson40
Member Avatar
Retired season reporter
[ *  *  *  * ]
Finally another vintage season Trent! Good lad! :D
My 1993-1994 Flyers Season(Finished)
My 1996-1997 Flyers Season(Finished)
My 1997-1998 Flyers Season(Finished)
My 2012-2013 Rögle Season(Finished)

trent
Member Avatar
Project Leader
Thanks man!

Do we see another vintage Flyers Season anytime soon? :)

Ranchester
Regular
[ *  * ]
This is great! 92-93 and 95-96 were my favourite seasons in the 90s. in 95-96 they still scored a lot of goals before everyone started to use trap tactics. Jagr and Lemieux put some insane numbers that season.

Sence
Hall of Famer
Trent, you should also remember the rat trick! Be ready! :D They can surprise everyone in the game also like they did in that year! ;)

trent
Member Avatar
Project Leader
Ah... you mean the Florida rat thing? That was actually amazing... and the Panthers' run to final was one of my favorites in NHL... ever. Avs was too much for them in the end but the conference final against Pittsburgh was a classic.

@Ranchester: Yeah Mario clocked 161 points this season. Insane! We tried to set him to score as much points as possible with the roster settings but I don't think we can quite reach that (and of course there can be injuries too). Let's see how it goes.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Season/Dynasty Stories & Game Reports & Videos · Next Topic »
Add Reply