Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to NHL04 Rebuilt 2017. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
04 Launcher 1.5.0 - Beta 4 - 10/19/2016
Topic Started: Jun 2 2016, 10:03 AM (35,343 Views)
Vod
Member Avatar
Development Team
What is Launcher 1.5:
Launcher 1.5 is a program that adds lua scripting to the game's existing code (hardcode), giving modders the ability to modify the hardcode without having to know x86 opcodes or ASM. Launcher scripts have the ability to read and write to anywhere in memory (including executable), assemble and execute x86 assembly during runtime ("Just in time") and draw, play sounds/music, inject textures and shaders and much more. This means we can rewrite the entire game or add brand new game modes (Ie, be a pro) by dropping lua scripts into the script folder. Another strength is the launcher uses common file formats, so no conversion is needed. Just drop a dds or png texture into the folder and it will automatically appear in-game without having to deal with .viv or .fsh files.

The launcher GUI itself can also easily be modified using XML files, allowing anyone to expand the launcher with their own features.

Credit:
Art
- Jedeash (Icon)
- Franco Duck (Upper ads)

Alpha testers
- Sence
- Jedeash
- Finnishflash
- ZeroPucks
- Trent

Support:
Reverse-engineering the game and developing this software is a very time-consuming and tiring process. Click here if you would like to support the continuation of this massive undertaking. :coffee:

Instructions:
Extract the downloaded zip file and you will see two directories. Open the "Launcher" directory and extract the contents to your NHL 2004 folder. You should now have launcher.exe, launcher.dll and the "launcher" folder in your NHL 2004 folder. Run Launcher.exe to start the game. The Launcher only works with the rebuilt nhl2004.exe

Bug Reports:
If you encounter any bugs or crashing, please enable error logging and post a log in the launcher error reporting subforum. If you don't share a log, I may not be able to help you.

Notes:
Antialiasing may not work in fullscreen exclusive mode on some systems. Either force it via your GPU control panel or use fullscreen window mode for now. Avoid using software that detours D3D calls as it may interfere with the Launcher.

Ditty engine:
Launcher 1.5 comes with a new ditty engine script that loads mp3 files, does realtime reverb and has more events than the default ditty engine. By default, ditties are loaded from "NHL 2004\launcher\media\sound\ditties" in either the "ALL" folder, or a home team abbreviation for team-based music. Interface ditties are always loaded from "ALL". The path (along with other options) can be edited in ditties.lua. All of the ditty events can be found in the ALL folder.

Upper ads:
The new upper ad engine dynamically creates animations using a few basic textures. It supports in-game events like "goal home", custom per-team animations and even animates properly in replay mode. Each team requires two logo textures (check launcher\media\shared\) and a definition file (launcher\scripts\modules\upper ads\<team>.ini").

Liability:
I take no responsibility for any damage caused by running 04 Launcher.

License:
The Lua files included with the launcher are open source and GPL v3 licensed.

Scripting Documentation:
Coming soon

Download:
DELETE THE LAUNCHER FOLDER (NHL 2004\Launcher) BEFORE DOWNLOADING OR YOU MAY HAVE PROBLEMS
Launcher 1.5.0 - Beta 4 (Current)
Launcher 1.5.0 - Beta 3
Launcher 1.5.0 - Beta 2
Launcher 1.5.0 - Beta 1

Bleeding edge:
The default launcher scripts are open source and licensed under GPL v3. The development version of the scripts can be found in the github repository below. Since this is a bleeding edge version, there may be incomplete code and bugs.

Github Repository
Commits
Issues
Pull requests

Changes:
DELETE THE LAUNCHER FOLDER (NHL 2004\Launcher) BEFORE DOWNLOADING OR YOU MAY HAVE PROBLEMS
Launcher 1.5.0 B4 - 10/19/2016
- Bug fixes

Launcher 1.5.0 B3 - 10/17/2016
- New texture management system. No more CRCs. Textures are now identified by fsh ID
- New ditty event - "Goal road" Is loaded from the away team if it exists, otherwise goal away is loaded.
- Selective texture filtering
- Fixed bug resulting in screenshots failing
- Ditty code fixes
- Performance optimizations
- More library functions
- Keys can now be redefined (or disabled) programmatically
- Changing FOV should no longer fail or be delayed
- FOV hotkeys zooms in and out more smoothly. Shift increases the zoom
- Fixed bug with EA's window sizing code. The bottom should no longer be cut off in Windowed mode

Launcher 1.5.0 B2 - 09/09/2016
- New dynamic upper ad engine (Current teams: CHI, MTL, TOR, ANA)
- Interface resolution option
- 0Launcher.xml is now Launcher.xml and is always loaded first
- Shot callback is now called for every shot, not just shots on goal
- Shot speed is now displayed in KPH if home team league is non-NHL
- New way of handling screenshots
- Crash and memory leak fixes
- Performance optimizations in the shader CRC code
- Unfinished code for calling interface functions from launcher scripts
- Scripts can retrieve the backbuffer surface
- More library functions
- Miscellaneous bug fixes

[dohtml]
<div style="display:none">LAUNCHERVERSION=2</div>
<div style="display:none">LAUNCHERURL=https://github.com/vod04/Launcher-Scripts/archive/1.5.0-b4.zip</div>
[/dohtml]
NHL 2004 Launcher | My Changelog | NHL 2004 Preservation | NHL 2004 Debugger
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Vod
Member Avatar
Development Team
Launcher 1.5 beta 2 uploaded

DELETE THE LAUNCHER FOLDER (NHL 2004\Launcher) BEFORE DOWNLOADING OR YOU ARE GUARANTEED TO HAVE PROBLEMS

Jedeash
Charter Member
So far so good
Thx a bunch for the Kmh for euro :tup:

The interface Resolution works and as someone will release new interface files it will be great
Maybe a first step could be wide arenas previews...

"They did not know it was impossible so they did it"
Mark Twain
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Vod
Member Avatar
Development Team
Thanks for the feedback :). The biggest change in this update is the new upper ad engine, so please let me know if you have any problems with it. It has to be activated in the launcher GUI and the current supported teams are: CHI, MTL, TOR, ANA. Right now it has 3 built in generic effects and one built in goal home effect. Adding more teams is much easier than before. You just need two logo textures and the CRCs. The logo dimensions are 64x64 and 256x256. They go in launcher\media\textures\shared. You also need a definition file which goes in launcher\scripts\modules\upper ads. Here you can set the variables like the team's color, or you can override the default behavior and make completely new ad effects on a team by team basis.

Tyson12
Regular
[ *  * ]
Jedeash,10 September 2016
8:59 PM
So far so good
Thx a bunch for the Kmh for euro :tup:

The interface Resolution works and as someone will release new interface files it will be great
Maybe a first step could be wide arenas previews...

Oh yes! I'm going to play around with this for the entire week.

Awesome, awesome, awesome work Vod (I'm still learning, that's why I haven't posted anything).

Jedeash
Charter Member
Vod,11 September 2016
1:47 PM
Thanks for the feedback :). The biggest change in this update is the new upper ad engine, so please let me know if you have any problems with it. It has to be activated in the launcher GUI and the current supported teams are: CHI, MTL, TOR, ANA. Right now it has 3 built in generic effects and one  built in goal home effect. Adding more teams is much easier than before. You just need two logo textures and the CRCs. The logo dimensions are 64x64 and 256x256. They go in launcher\media\textures\shared. You also need a definition file which goes in launcher\scripts\modules\upper ads. Here you can set the variables like the team's color, or you can override the default behavior and make completely new ad effects on a team by team basis.

During replays Works like a charm for me might be a bit too fast but great

:perfect:

EDIT : Just a question not related to upperads : What is the LOD Bias impact ? Is it usefull to change it if we have all that anisotropic stuff ?
"They did not know it was impossible so they did it"
Mark Twain
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Vod
Member Avatar
Development Team
Jedeash,11 September 2016
8:06 AM
Vod,11 September 2016
1:47 PM
Thanks for the feedback :). The biggest change in this update is the new upper ad engine, so please let me know if you have any problems with it. It has to be activated in the launcher GUI and the current supported teams are: CHI, MTL, TOR, ANA. Right now it has 3 built in generic effects and one  built in goal home effect. Adding more teams is much easier than before. You just need two logo textures and the CRCs. The logo dimensions are 64x64 and 256x256. They go in launcher\media\textures\shared. You also need a definition file which goes in launcher\scripts\modules\upper ads. Here you can set the variables like the team's color, or you can override the default behavior and make completely new ad effects on a team by team basis.

During replays Works like a charm for me might be a bit too fast but great

:perfect:

EDIT : Just a question not related to upperads : What is the LOD Bias impact ? Is it usefull to change it if we have all that anisotropic stuff ?

(If supported) A negative value sharpens distant textures by using larger mips further away, a positive value blurs textures by using smaller mips closer to the camera. The downside of using a negative LOD value is it can cause shimmering / aliasing in the distance. So if you use a negative value, I suggest forcing antialiasing via your GPU control panel.

Bhopins
Member Avatar
Penguins 4life
[ *  * ]
:D how to install,

kph?

Sence
Hall of Famer
Bhopins,29 September 2016
7:20 PM
:D how to install,

kph?

You just need a shotspeed.lua from Example scripts folder and then you have shotspeed in kph when you're playing with International leagues.
A video is worth of thousand pictures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFq2dGSVdOI
My Sharks 2015-16 season (finished)

Bhopins
Member Avatar
Penguins 4life
[ *  * ]
i need kph on nhl league

Sence
Hall of Famer
Bhopins,2 October 2016
12:46 PM
i need kph on nhl league

Why? In NHL, they will show those shot in mph?

If you really want to use kph for every single team, then you need to open shotspeed.lua file and replace lines 39-43 which are these
Code:

if Launcher.Game.HomeLeague() ~= 0 then -- Set the MPH / KPH based on the home league
   Launcher.Mem.WriteByte(SpeedLocaleAddress,1)
else
   Launcher.Mem.WriteByte(SpeedLocaleAddress,0)
end

to this

Code:

Launcher.Mem.WriteByte(SpeedLocaleAddress,0)

Then you have kph shotmeter for every single team. :)

Vod
Member Avatar
Development Team
It's actually a 1 :)

Code:

Launcher.Mem.WriteByte(SpeedLocaleAddress,1)

Sence
Hall of Famer
Sorry Vod! My bad! :P

trent
Member Avatar
Project Leader
Where is the screenshot button now? PRNT-SCRN doesn't work in the latest beta.
My Blues 1995-1996 Season Report
My Blues 1998-1999 Season Report
My Flyers 1998-1999 Season Report

Vod
Member Avatar
Development Team
trent,12 October 2016
11:01 AM
Where is the screenshot button now? PRNT-SCRN doesn't work in the latest beta.

Same button. It's a bug in one of the scripts that has been fixed in the next version that will hopefully be uploaded this week. You can fix it yourself by editing launcher\scripts\library\screen.lua and replacing the contents with:

Code:

Launcher.Screen.DefaultRenderTargetSurface = function()
   local Address = Launcher.Mem.Long(0x7CCD70) + 0xf4
   return Launcher.Mem.Long(Address)
end
Launcher.Screen.DefaultRenderTargetStencil = function()
   local Address = Launcher.Mem.Long(0x7CCD70) + 0xf8
   return Launcher.Mem.Long(Address)
end
Launcher.Screen.ResetRenderTarget = function()
   local Surface = Launcher.Screen.DefaultRenderTargetSurface()
   local Stencil = Launcher.Screen.DefaultRenderTargetStencil()
end

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · NHL 2004 Launcher · Next Topic »
Add Reply